Monday, September 12, 2011

Udita Goswami reveals her stylish side

You can never go wrong with blue jeans and white shirt, says actress Udita Goswami as she shares her style secrets

What is your style quotient?
Style is being yourself and comfortable, wearing what suits you and not a model or someone else. I hate wearing heels, it makes me uncomfortable and my back goes for a toss, so you'll rarely find me wearing heels unless it's for work. I am most comfortable in my jeans or leggings with a nice top and cool chappals so I wear that the most.

Your favourite colours
I am a very boring person. I mainly like earthy shades although I look good in bright colours. My friends keep telling me I should wear more colours.

Your must have accessories
I just love wearing my bracelets. It's something I can't do without. I also have this amazing collection of chappals. Every colour, any style. I just love them. My mother throws a fit every time I buy more and more chappals because I have so many.

Your idea of party wear
Depends on the kind of party. But if it's a formal work-related party then I take usually 45 minutes to an hour for my hair, make up and dressing up. I am always in my jeans otherwise I like to wear dresses when I go out. Dress is more girly which is so not me. So when I wear dresses I actually feel like I am going out then and even my attitude changes according to what I wear.

Your little experiments in style
I'm not really experimental but when I used to model I was once doing a fashion shoot with my then favourite and mad photographer Anand Seth and he actually made me put only baby oil on my face and eggs in my hair while wearing the most expensive designer outfits and shooting in the slums.

What has been your best fashion buy?
Oh all my expensive handbags! They last long, I have them in different sizes, so they could be used for travelling or any other purpose and occasion. Even if you wear something simple and not so branded but carry an expensive bag, your look is set.

Most extravagant fashion purchase
I keep buying stuff. Some don't even make any sense but I still buy.

Best fashion trend
The ever green, fitted light denim jeans and a feminine white shirt. In malmal or soft cotton. To add some colour, wear a funky neck accessory. You just can't go wrong.

Worst fashion trend
Hate it when guys show their under garment purposely which come higher than their jeans and think it's cool. They look like wanna-bes!

What designer item/s are on your fashion wish list?
I buy something only if I like it. But if you're buying something just to be the proud owner of a silly limited edition something, I would never blow my money. I think I have a face that can get me attention and I don't need to resort to carrying designer stuff.

If you had just 2 minutes to put together the perfect outfit - what would it be?
My blue jeans and white shirt if it's casual and a little black dress for a formal event. No thinking.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...